Resettlement from the Netherlands
If you have a permanent residence permit in a different country than your country of origin, IOM may be able to assist you with your resettlement or return to a third country. Our resettlement assistance is offered to all migrants, regardless of their legal status in the Netherlands.
Do I Qualify for Resettlement Assistance?
If you are residing in the Netherlands, you are eligible for resettlement support if you meet the following conditions:
- You are a national of a country on this country list.
- Your permanent residence is guaranteed in the destination country. Please note: IOM cannot assist you based on a short-stay visa or if you are part of a resettlement programme that requires capital investment.
- You, or the legal guarantee for your stay in the Netherlands, lack the financial means to pay for your departure.
- The Government of the Netherlands does not have any objections to your departure.
- You have not departed from the Netherlands with the assistance of IOM or the Dutch government in the last five years.
- You are in the possession of, or you can obtain a valid travel document.
- Your application for resettlement assistance is not based on false pretences.
- You provide the necessary information and follow our instructions to organize your resettlement.
- Your resettlement can be safely organized by IOM.
- If applicable: You agree with the termination of pending residence permit procedures or the withdrawal of your Dutch/EU residence permit when departing from the Netherlands.
These are the Services we Offer:
- Information and counselling about resettlement in your own language, without any obligation on your part.
- If necessary, assistance during the final stages of an admitted visa application.
- Reimbursement of the mandatory costs made as part of the visa application process.
- Logistic support to prepare your journey, including your air ticket.
- Assistance during your departure and, if needed, during transits and upon arrival.
- A financial allowance to cover your immediate expenses after arrival, including in-land travel to your final destination.
- Additional support for unaccompanied minor children, victims of trafficking and migrant with health needs.
Contact with IOM
For more information or to make an appointment with an IOM counsellor close to you, you can call us at 088 746 4466.