Resettlement from the Netherlands
If you have a residence permit in a different country than your country of origin, IOM may be able to assist you with your resettlement. Our resettlement assistance is a free service offered to all migrants, regardless of their legal status in the Netherlands.
Do I Qualify for Resettlement Assistance?
If you are residing in the Netherlands, you are eligible for resettlement support if you meet the following conditions:
- You are a national of a country on this country list.
- Your permanent residence is guaranteed in the destination country. Please note: IOM cannot assist you based on a short-stay visa or if you are part of a resettlement programme that requires capital investment.
- You, or the legal guarantee for your stay in the Netherlands, lack the financial means to pay for your departure.
- The Government of the Netherlands does not have any objections to your departure.
- You have not departed from the Netherlands with the assistance of IOM or the Dutch government in the last five years.
- You are in the posession, or you can obtain, a valid travel document.
- Your application for resettlement assistance is not based on false pretences.
- You provide the necessary information and follow our instructions to organize your resettlement.
- Your resettlement can be safely organized by IOM.
- If applicable: You agree with the termination of pending residence permit procedures or the withdrawal of your Dutch/EU residence permit when departing from the Netherlands.
These are the Services we Offer:
- Information and counselling about resettlement in your own language, without any obligation on your part.
- If necessary, assistance during the final stages of an admitted visa application.
- Reimbursement of the mandatory costs made as part of the visa application process.
- Logistic support to prepare your journey, including your air ticket.
- Assistance during your departure and, if needed, during transits and upon arrival.
- A financial allowance to cover your immediate expenses after arrival, including in-land travel to your final destination.
- Additional support for unaccompanied minor children, victims of trafficking and migrants with a medical condition.
Contact with IOM
For more information or to make an appointment with an IOM counsellor close to you, you can call us at 088 746 4466.