On Thursday 18 March 2021 IOM’s Regional Office for the EEA, the EU and NATO in Brussels and IOM the Netherlands will organize a webinar on Connecting Diaspora for Development. This event is an opportunity to discuss the role of the diaspora in fostering sustainable development.
Two diaspora experts supported through IOM’s Connecting Diaspora for Development (CD4D2) project will share insights about the connection to their countries of origin.
- Zuhur Ismail, Business Administration Specialist and member of the Somali diaspora;
- Jela Keyany, Lawyer, Programme Manager and member of the Iraqi diaspora;
Together with a panel of thematic experts, we will explore ways in which the diaspora can be included more successfully in development efforts.
- Charlotte Müller, PhD Fellow Migration and Development, Maastricht University;
- Fridah Ntarangwi, Entrepreneur and Founder of Zidicircle;
- Marina Diboma, Deputy Managing Director, Netherlands-African Business Council.
The event takes place on Thursday 18 March, 10.00-11.30 (CEST).
If you want to join, you can register by clicking on this link:
We are looking forward to your participation.
This event supports the achievement of the following Sustainable Development Goals