We are looking for a Senior Project Assistant - AVRR
|Senior Project Assistant - AVRR|
IOM The Hague
|General Service Staff, Grade G6|
Type of appointment
|Special Fixed term, 9 months with possibility of extension|
Estimated Start Date
6 December 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
|IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered first-tier candidates.|
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in The Hague and direct supervision of the Head of Unit /AVRR dept; and, in close collaboration with relevant units at IOM The Hague and different governmental partners, the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the update of the MiMOSA database and analysis of data and trends for return and reintegration activities under the AVRR programme.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain SQL/SSRS reports from IOM’s case management database (MiMOSA), including dashboards, (automated) forms, and statistical reports. When needed, propose and implement further development and customization of the database for IOM The Netherlands, based on operational and (donor) reporting needs
- Provide first-line support to MiMOSA users in the Netherlands, provide training as needed and liaise with diverse organizational units and external parties in identifying and adjusting approaches for the registration and collection of information relevant to the AVRR programme
- Ensure high quality of information through data reports and through compiling, summarizing, analysing, and presenting information/data on specific project topics, highlighting noteworthy issues and trends or any challenges and propose on adequate actions to be taken within the AVRR programme.
- Act as a backup of the focal point of AVRR internal knowledge base in SharePoint and propose and implement improvements as needed
- Participate in the development/improvement of adequate business processes, and the design of business solutions and act as a link between the different AVRR stakeholders and different IT systems.
- Prepare status reports and inputs for the programme implementation according to specific needs and situation analysis in compliance with donor agreement in close coordination with the Head of the Unit
- Draft correspondence on project issues; prepare and update reports, briefing notes, and other forms of documentation.
- Respond to complex information requests and inquiries; including presentations in meetings and conferences, analysis and summaries for IOM departments or other stakeholders.
- Develop plans to facilitate full compliance with program integrity, inclusive of providing inputs for the development of Standard Operations Procedures (SOP) and concept papers and provide general support for the development of new projects.
- Assist in increasing staff knowledge through, regular accurate information sharing, providing guidance, answering staff questions, providing training and monitoring work of other staff in the unit; may supervise other staff in absence of the supervisor/head of unit.
- Perform other related duties within the incumbent capacity as identified and assigned by the Head of Unit
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- High School diploma with six years of relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Information Technology, Informatics, Business Informatics from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions, United Nations agencies and non-governmental organizations;
- Experience as a data analyst, business intelligence specialist, database administrator or equivalent
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organizations in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Experience in project management, evaluation, and reporting is an advantage
- Knowledge of the broad range of migration-related subject areas dealt with by the Organization; and,
- Knowledge of AVRR and especially in the field of AVRR in the Netherlands,
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, especially in Word & Excel
- Knowledge of SQL/SSRS, good understanding about developments in available technology
- Knowledge of PowerShell, PowerBI, relational databases, and SharePoint is an advantage
Fluency in English and Dutch (oral and written) is required. Working knowledge in French and Spanish is desirable
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates the ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and a work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
For an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts duly completed PHF signed and scanned.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Personal History Form