|Position Title||Junior Visa Support Assistant (Korean Visa Application Centre)|
|Duty Station||The Hague, IOM The Netherlands|
|Classification||General Service Staff, Ungraded|
|Type of Appointment||Special Short Term (SST graded) (9 months with possibility of extension)|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date||26 March 2023|
|Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
In support of the Embassy and Consulate of the Republic of Korea (ROK) in Berlin, Germany, IOM will be providing administrative visa-related services among Visa Application Centres in Europe, aimed at making the visa application process more timely and convenient.
Under the direct supervision of the KVAC Team Leader in Berlin, Germany, and the administrative supervision of the Resource Manager in The Hague, The Netherlands, the Incumbent will provide administrative support for day-to-day operations of the KVAC operated by IOM.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Assist in providing information to applicants, in full compliance with the Korean Ministry of Justice regulations and service standards, by providing accurate and timely replies to applicants’ enquiries through phone, email, chat and in person;
- Assist in collecting visa applications and verifying the completeness and correctness of visa application forms and supporting documents;
- Input visa application data in the case management system and the Korea Visa Portal, ensure quality check of collected data and generated invoices;
- Verify visa and service fees: verify correctness of payment and change against the case management system and the Korea Visa Portal; issue receipts; support in the daily reconciliation of collected fees and receipts
- Assist in reporting services: daily reports generation and quality check of collected applications and fees; daily reports for contact centre (received calls, call-backs, missed calls etc.) assistance to KVAC team leader in quality check.
- Delivery and collection of applications and passports: secure transfer of the visa applications and passports to/from the Korean visa office; sorting and counting of applications and passports; secure return of passports to applicants and delivery to courier.
- Perform any other related duties that may be assigned by the team leaders or KVAC management.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Business Administration, Client Services, Social Science or a related field from an accredited academic institution, with at least one year of relevant professional experience, preferable in similar roles
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with at least two years of relevant working experience, preferable in similar roles
- Experience in migrant-related programmes OR visa related services;
- Experience in customer service;
- Working and living experience in Korea as advantage.
- High level of data accuracy
- High level of computer literacy in standard Microsoft products
Fluency in English. Working knowledge of Dutch and Korean is an advantage.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station or the neighbouring country located within commuting distance and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
For an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts duly completed PHF signed and scanned.Personal History Form