|Position:||Resource Management Intern|
|Classification:||Intern part-time 77%|
|Duty Station:||The Hague, The Netherlands|
|Type of Appoinment:||Internship, 6 months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date:||22 March 2018|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
|IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates|
Under the overall coordination and guidance of the Resource Management officer the incumbent will provide administrative support to the procurement unit as well as the delivery of various resource management services.
In particular she/he will be responsible for the following tasks:
Contract and Service Agreement Management:
- Reviewing of all procurement contracts/agreements with service providers and in direct coordination with the National Project and Budget Administration officer and ensure that all contracts are up to date and reviewed by LEG unit as appropriate.
- Assist with preparing contracts for Resource Persons to be sent on assignments under the Connecting Development for Diaspora project (CD4D).
- If a contract has not been reviewed, expired or modification required, ensure that this is well coordinated, reviewed appropriately and must be approved by LEG in accordance with LEG contract requirements and procedures.
- Coordinate with the Resource management officer all contracts that should be terminated while ensuring that procedures to terminate a contract under the conditions of the binding contract are compiled with.
- Document a procurement contract internal review system which will be the main monitoring tool for all procurement contracts and agreements, which should include filling and tracking systems for all procurement contracts.
- Produce reports on status of all agreements/service contracts and highlight any arising issues, risks or challenges.
- Ensure all service contracts and agreements are in line with IOM administrative rules and procedures and where necessary donor requirements including audit.
- Assist with reviewing the current procedure and process of procurement document flow prior to payment process and recommend an efficient and effective system for consolidating all documents to be submitted to the accounting office for payment process.
- Review and recommend an efficient filling system for record of all quotations, purchase orders, request for quotations and all agreements /service contract, etc. are kept.
Other Administrative tasks
- Support the unit with planning and preparation of meetings with service providers and initiate minutes of the meetings.
- Undertake analysis especially on procurement matter to support decision making.
- Monitor any department deadline in coordination with the Resource Management officer if any to ensure that correspondence and queries are responded to in a timely.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Procurement and Logistics, Accounting, Finance, Management or related discipline orientation. Degree in law is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated skills in coordinating procurement activities, particularly analytical skills in finance.
- Strong background in preparing, reviewing and tracking of contracts and service agreements
- Ability to cooperate and coordinate with other units and external partners.
- Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds
- High level of computer literacy in MS office applications particularly in MS- Excel and SAP.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
Good oral and written communications skills of English and Dutch are a prerequisite.
How to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.