|Open to Internal & External Candidates Only|
|Position:||Communications and online Media Assistant|
|Organizational Unit:||Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration Unit|
|Duty Station:||The Hague|
|Estimated Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date:||26 November, 2017|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners.
IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
|IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.|
Context: Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the AVRR/Cluster Manager, the incumbent will assist with the management of the communications of the Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) department in IOM the Netherlands.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support the development and production of information materials for online and hardcopy publications; develop templates for information materials; collect and develop content for updates of existing materials and for the development of new ones; maintain and develop the inventory of information materials; ensure adequate supplies of information and promotional materials;
- Collect and develop content for the IOM the Netherlands publications, website, Facebook, Twitter and other platforms as required; perform regular reviews of the IOM website and social media to evaluate performance (through metrics, SEO assessments etc.) and propose adjustments for optimization; explore innovative web-based solutions and recommend opportunities to improve the Mission’s online communications;
- Maintain the IOM photographic and video stock; explore and tap sources to enrich the stock of photographic and video materials;
- Build and maintain effective relations with service suppliers for carrying out communications activities.
Maintain the database of AVRR-relevant contacts and ensure the distribution of electronic communications to the intended recipients;
- Assist with the organization of events and ensure the provision of adequate materials and equipment;
- Make recommendations regarding media channels and news outlets relevant to IOM;
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
All tasks shall be performed in compliance with IOM’s policies and standards including IOM’s corporate identity standards.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A completed bachelor degree preferably in International Relations, (International) Law, Political or Social Science along with 3 years of relevant experience or High School Degree/Certificate along with 5 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of, and experience in, Open Source Content Management Systems and HTML;
- Proficient user of creativity software (ADOBE);
- Experience in working with the media an advantage;
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English and Dutch;
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accountability: takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms.
- Client Orientation: works effectively well with client and stakeholders.
- Continuous Learning: promotes continuous learning for self and others.
- Communication: listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience.
- Creativity and Initiative: actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services.
- Leadership and Negotiation: develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Performance Management: identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing: plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Professionalism: displays mastery of subject matter.
- Teamwork: contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness: displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
- Resource Mobilization: works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM (optional depending on position level).
- Creative thinker who can work independently.
- Pro-active approach.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
How to apply:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.