IOM the Netherlands is looking for a Project Officer to assist the Chief of Mission with project development, monitoring and evaluation, donor and partner liaison activities in IOM The Netherlands.
|Position:||Project Officer VN NL10-2019-02|
|Duty Station:||IOM The Hague, the Netherlands|
|Classification:||National Officer, Grade NO-B|
|Type of Appointment:||Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date:||31 January 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
|IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.|
Context: Under the overall and the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission, the successful candidate will be responsible for project development, monitoring and evaluation, donor and partner liaison activities at IOM The Netherlands.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Act as the focal point for supporting the design, drafting and coordinating the development of new projects/programmes taking into account national and donor priorities, IOM’s country, regional and global strategic priorities and objectives in compliance with IOM guidelines and the requirements of individual governments.
- In close coordination with the relevant programmatic units liaise with relevant stakeholders such as national and local government counterparts, civil society groups, international and regional institutions, partner organizations including public/private sectors ensuring compliance with relevant stakeholder interest and requirements on IOM’s work in The Netherlands.
- Contribute to developing and maintaining strong and regular liaison with the programme’s partners, such as government authorities and guide programme interactions with government bodies, in work planning, events and donor interactions.
- Provide inputs on effective fundraising strategies and actively contribute to the Country Office’s donor and programme diversification efforts. Assess programme impact, effectiveness and environment, including making suggestions for timely readjustment to the portfolio.
- Draft donor profiles and guidance notes on donor priorities. Assist in developing approaches to expand the IOM donor base, including research and mapping of funding trends.
- Assist the COM in actively reaching out to donors and other entities for resource mobilization to maximize IOM’s in-country potential, as well as plan and execute follow-up on these initiatives.
- Ensure adequate and timely processing, endorsement and submission of project proposals, MoUs, partner agreements as per the relevant specific internal requirements and procedures.
- Support the monitoring of progress against strategic objectives, project and program benchmarks and logical framework. Participate in the establishment of a common M&E framework that incorporates regular reporting requirements and impact evaluation strategies, in close coordination project managers.
- Work closely with relevant Project Managers on the development of proposals and liaise with IOM Units at HQ, RO and other Country Offices involved in the project. Obtain approvals for submission of project documents.
- As part of knowledge management, prepare draft documentation of innovations, good practices, lessons learned and an effective knowledge building that can address key challenges in the Netherlands.
- Assist the COM in carrying out initiatives to promote IOM’s image and to increase the level of IOM activities in the Country/Region
- Contribute to external information sharing by ensuring relevant information about the Country Office’s programmes is updated on the website, information brochures and presentation to donors and partners.
- Support the building of the capacities of IOM staff in the thematic areas through on-the-job training and mentoring as required and contribute to building synergies between the different thematic areas.
- Coordinate key programme strategies and results and ensure they are in line with the programme document and other strategic processes; Edit and review documents both for internal and external use, as requested.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- A completed Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Humanities, International Relations, Law, Economics or related field from an accredited institution with two years of relevant professional experience,
- University Degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience;
- International relevant working experience;
- Good understanding of EU funding instruments and its framework is a distinct advantage;
- Thorough knowledge of the IOM project development mechanisms, programme support modalities as well as IOM administrative systems and rules is an asset;
- Progressive professional experience in governmental institutions and/or international organizations in and/or the region;
- Excellent knowledge of migration policy and actors in The Netherlands and the region;
- Proven experience in successfully managing projects and providing programme support (project development, communications, etc.) highly desirable; and,
- Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions.
Fluency in English and Dutch is required
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
For an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts duly completed PHF signed and scanned.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.